A Tax Clearance Certificate is a written confirmation from the Inland Revenue that a person’s or company tax affairs are in order at the date of issue of the Certificate.
Whether you are a corporate body or an individual, you need Tax Clearance Certificate (TCC). But before you can be issued tax clearance certificate, you must have rendered your tax returns to the relevant tax authority. Tax clearance certificate usually covers a period of three years in arrears. For example, if you want to collect tax clearance certificate in the year 2018, it will cover the tax paid from 2016 to 2017. So, if you have not paid any tax in the current year, you cannot be denied tax clearance certificate on this ground in as much you have paid your tax in the previous years.
Tax clearance is needed for the following purposes:
- Application for Government loan for industry or business
- Registration of Motor Vehicle
- Application for firearms licence
- Application for foreign exchange or exchange control permission to remit funds outside Nigeria
- Application for certificate of occupancy
- Application for award of contracts by Government, its agencies and registered companies
- Application for approval of building plans
- Application for trade licence
- Application for transfer of real property
- Application for import or export licence
- Application for agent license
- Application for pools or gaming licence
- Application for registration as a contractor
- Application for distributorship
- Confirmation of appointment by Government as chairman or member of a public board, institution, commission, company or to any other similar position made by the Government
- Stamping of guarantor’s form for a Nigerian passport
- Application for registration of a limited liability company or of a business name
- Application for allocation of market stalls
- Appointment or election into public office
- Application for change of ownership of vehicle by the vendor
- Application for plot of land
- Any other transactions as may be determined from time to time.
If you need Tax Clearance for yourself or your company, don’t hesitate to call 08035674941. This is one of our area of expertise. You can contact us from any part of the Country.